Mobile Computing Suite
The Computing Suite is now mobile to give all pupils at St Chad’s access to excellent Computing facilities in their own classrooms. We have 40x netbooks which are all networked and managed centrally on the school server. Each year group has their own log in name and password which allows them to access their own work easily and quickly.
The school is very proud of its Computing facilities.
In school we now have a series of iPads available. Each teacher has an iPad and there is approximately 40x iPads available for pupil use. The children love it when the iPad trolley comes out!
Using the Internet
The following rules will help all pupils be safe when using the school’s computing facilities to search and use the Internet.
- We will ask permission from a member of staff before using the Internet
- We will not give our or anyone else’s personal details such as address, or telephone numbers to anyone over the Internet.
- We will only email people with our teachers approval.
- We will make sure any messages we do send will be polite and responsible.
- We will report any unpleasant materials or messages sent to us or found accidentally.
- We must understand that the school may check our computer files and may monitor the sites we visit.
- We will not use Google Image search without permission